Regulations and Rules
To mark the 70th year of Israel’s independence, a special exhibit will be displayed at the Jewish Cultural Center of Greater Chattanooga.
March 22nd, 2018 – April 27th, 2018
The exhibit will be called “Re-creations of Defining Moments in the History of Israel”. The community will vote as audience choice during the exhibit period. The owner of the winning re-creation will receive a gift from Israel and will have gift given to an Israeli organization of his/her choice.
Guidelines for the contest:
- An individual who t wishes to participate in the competition will sign up using this link and will choose a photo he/she would like to re-create from 14 designated photos.
- Each photo can be chosen once, determined on a first-come basis. When the photo has been chosen, the option to choose it will no longer be available.
- The contest will begin on February 1st, 2018. Prior to this date- the available photos will be to view only.
- Following the opening of the competition, the contestants will have 40 days to complete and submit the re-creation to the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga offices [5461 North Terrace Road, Chattanooga, TN 37411] unless it is a photograph. Photographs should be submitted on-line to this link.
- The re-creations must be submitted by March 12th, 2018
- The re-creation can be in any two or three dimensional format: photo, painting, paper cuts, sculpture etc.
- Along with the final product, contestants will submit a statement that explains why he/she chose this photo and the story behind it.
- The final product can be no larger than 18″ x 24″.
- Photos must be submitted in print quality.
- The photos submitted will be printed and displayed at the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga. The exhibit will be open for visitors by March 24th, 2018 and will continue for 30 days.
- While the exhibit is open, visitors can come in and vote for “The Best Re-creation”. The voting will be done according to the following criteria: (1 as the lowest and 5 as the highest: a) Creativity b) Loyalty to the original photo.
- The local rabbis and members of the Israel Committee will be voting separately.
- Visitors to the exhibit will have one vote. Voting must be done in person.
- The votes will be counted on April 21st, 2018 and the winner will be announced on April 22nd, 2018, during the main event to mark 70 years of Israel’s independence.
- The winner will receive a gift from Israel and the opportunity to give a gift to an Israeli organization of his/her choice. The project is sponsored by The Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga.
Did you read the guidelines and are you ready to sign up?